Friday, February 17, 2006

Don't Get A Bead In The Eye!

Tonight is the Mardi Gras parade here in Houma and let me tell you I am scared. I am afraid of getting hit in the head by a football or beads or a cat. You see these crazy people throw things at the spectators of the parade. Where I come from you just watch the floats go bye and maybe you wave and they wave back. But here in Southern Louisiana they chuck objects at you and people like it. I was told last night to be aware at all times because you never know when something can come flying at your head and before you know it you are blind in one eye because of a wayward bead. Just minding your own business, maybe even whistling and then bam, you need a seeing eye dog cause some Cajun hurled a football at your head and it grazed your cornea. I'm seriously considering wearing a helmet and protective goggles tonight, maybe a snorkel. The snorkel would be purely a fashion accessory.