Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mac

 




I lost my best friend on September 12, 2012. His name was Mac and he was a 12 year old golden retriever. Mac was a water boy. Almost everyday summer, winter, rain or shine he would be in the pool. In the last 6 years or so he didn't swim as much as he just sat on the step soaking it all in. I sometimes would think I would look out and see him drinking a cup of coffee or reading the paper when he was out there, but that only happened twice. 
Mac wasn't always a golden boy. 


 He was very protective of me and bit his share of nieces and nephews who he thought got to close to me.
Once he even snapped and caught his tooth in my thumb. The was very apologetic about the whole thing and now I look down at my indelible "Mac Mark" and can smile.

He was horrible at posing for Christmas pictures but was one hell of a gift wrapper.



He hated when the suitcase came out when I would leave for a show and would pout and make me feel guilty. But all was forgiven as soon as I walked back in the door
We are pretty sure towards the end he got doggy dementia and forgot he was mean.
 Mac was a reminder to me of what a loyal friend should look like.
Always excited to see me when I walked in the door after a long trip or just from an errand. Constantly by my side sick, healthy or otherwise.
A good drinking buddy.