Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cartersville


Look at me with the cutouts of the peanut farmer president and his lovely wife Rosalyn! Doesn't that impress you and make you want to be my friend?
I am hanging out in Georgia after NCYC just chilling with my cousin and his family in Cartersville, hence the picture.
But I didn't have to tell you that, you are bright and hip and with it.
Tonight I get to help give out candy to the little boogers when they come to the door. We never get trick or treaters at my house cause of our long scary dark driveway. But that doesn't stop us from buying 5 pounds of candy just in case. This might be the year that a limo bus of trick or treaters breaks down in front of our house and how would it look if when they rang our doorbell we had nothing to give? It would look pretty bad. We could give them paper clips, but kids don't want paper clips, unless they are weird kids and we don't want weird kids hanging around our house.
I miss the days when it was socially acceptable for me to dress up on Halloween. Others frown upon people my age dressing up and ringing doorbells and asking for things unless it's for a charity. If you have your own kids and they are with you and also dressed up it's ok. But if it's just you dressed up like Darth Vader on a Tuesday in March going door to door, that’s awkward and people are going to start talking and you might have to “go away” for awhile and “rest”. Halloween is always a confusing day for me because I see people on the street and wonder, is that their outfit or just a lifestyle choice? You never want to say, “hey, that’s a funny looking costume you have on Bob” cause maybe Bob is just funny looking to begin with and he doesn’t even realize it’s Halloween. You also don’t want to dress up like a doctor and hang out in a hospital because someone might be going into labor or need a lobotomy and mistake you for the real deal and you would be put on the spot to jump into action. And if faced with the choice between looking silly by explaining that it’s a Halloween outfit and performing open heart surgery, well Mister pass me the scalpel, I have a life to save.