Sunday, July 01, 2007

July 1, 1939

Here are some fun facts about my mom who celebrates her birthday today:

My mom was once engaged to another man (so was my dad, but to another lady, not a man) but his photo was not available so this will have to do for now. In the end mom married dad and after several tries of trying to have a perfect daughter the finally got it right in 1976.

My mom has traveled all sorts of places to see me perform comedy. In the beginning she would sit in the front row and feed me lines if I would forget my set list. She has driven countless miles and even flew to Europe to watch me. While in Europe this winter my mom lit so many candles in every church we went into that some personally blame her for global warming.



My mom is famous for talking to strangers. Even if they don't speak English it doesn't matter to her, she just sees it as a challenge to talk more until they break.



If she wanted to she could join the tour. Not even the Old Lady Pro Golf tour but the PGA....she's that good. She's just so concerned that it would damage my dad's ego that she holds back.



My mom is the mastermind of an underground children's poker ring.




When going through chemo and losing all her hair, this is the wig she chose because it best matched her uniform for her over 6o roller derby team.


My mom is my best audience.