Friday, May 12, 2006

Beaten By A Girl In Hoops

Dear Fr. Mark,

I was embarrassed..........no.......... I was shocked that a adult male could be whipped on the court by a girl. When your career choices came down to the priesthood or the NBA I 'm sure you made the right decision.I'm 67 years old and I can beat a little girl on the basketball court.I sure hope word of this does not get out around the Diocese or your chance of ever making Bishop will be gone forever.

When I read your letter on Judy's web site I thought you could have been a little more humble. I'm not sure your letter was in the spirit of the bet.

If you ever get to So. Cal to visit ( and I hope you will ) I'll pump up the round ball and give you a few tips so you will never get embarrassed by a girl on the basketball court again.

Best Regards,
Pat McDonald
(Judy's real dad and coach)