Friday, May 19, 2006

Ewwwww Doggies!

I did an ocean swim today with my friend Andy in preparation for our triathlon on Sunday and I almost died.
Panic set in a few hundred yards out when I realized the wetsuit I was wearing was not letting me swim and the crappy goggles I bought in Louisiana fogged up so much it was like swimming in pea soup, but different cause it wasn't green and didn't smell funky. The marine talked me through it and got me into shore. I'm so stupid I swam right out through the breakers and started the whole process all over again.
So, the half a mile swim on Sunday will not be in the ocean but in a lake and while there will be no waves there will be 400 + feet and hands swinging wildly around my head. And so help me if I get kicked in the face there will be a can of Jewd opened and as we all know I have the fury of a thousand hurricanes built up in my petite body!

Shut up, it is petite...in certain countries.