Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's Never As Good As You Remember

My mom has discovered Netflix.
And I have discovered mom's password and how to move the movies that I want to see up in the queue. So when mom thinks "Under the Tuscan Sun" is coming she gets a surprise when Disney's "Snowball Express" rocks her mailbox.

"Snowball Express" was hands down my favorite movie for a brief few months in the 80's.

But 20 years later as I watched it again I discovered something, "Snowball Express" was a stupid movie.

Sure Colonel Potter was in it, but he can only carry a film for so long.

So what else from my childhood was dumb?

Well...

Definitely not the Muppet Show, that was cool...my dolphin shorts were cool at the time but I could not pull that look off today. I think my love of Fruit Roll Ups was dumb, especially the ones that were referred to as 'Ugly' Fruit Roll Ups, those were just disgusting. And we won't even mention the perms I was forced to get, (think Napoleon Dynamite hair). I also recall that I use to have a fondness for the Smurfs. What the smurf was I thinking?

1 Corinthians 13:11