Friday, September 12, 2008

Walk On

I have been walking. No, not just to the bathroom or the car, I have been walking on the beach this week. And not just little walks but 10 mile walks. Why? I don't really know and I'm kind of concerned over this new behavior. It's one thing to run. Running is just stupid and makes your knees hurt. Sure you look great after running for a few months but you limp because your knees hurt and that takes away from how good you look because people start thinking of ways you might have hurt yourself and are limping and by the time they go to ask you to marry you you have already limped away.
I think I like walking on the beach because I can't stand still Or more important, I can not sit or lie still at the beach. So walking is a way of being at the beach but going slow enough to still take in all the beach without just doing nothing.
Another thing I discovered I really like are teeny tiny beach birds. Not to eat but to watch. I think they are sand pipers but really, I don't think they mind if I get their names wrong. Those birds run. They run to the edge of the water an like little kids, wait till the waves almost hit them and then run in unison back up the shore (granted little kids are not eating sand crabs to survive and wouldn't be crushed by the impending waves it it hit them but none the less that's what the damn birds remind me of). So I like them and could watch them all day long. Yet I don't like to watch them on TV. I guess that's similar to how I like going to a baseball games but not to watch baseball on TV...wow, this blog is a cry for help, I have been inside too long, I must go to the beach and watch my favorite program.