Monday, September 29, 2008

Tee It Up For the Troops

Waking up around 3am for a 5:30 a.m. Eastern Standard time departure from Grand Rapids had me in San Diego by 10:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time and on the freeway heading north by 11am.
By 12pm I had gone home, showered and gotten my golf clubs all in time to be at the course for a 12:30 tee time with three Marines. We didn't win or even come close to finishing in the top half of the field but we had fun...and this counts for my part for the war effort.
Now I'm finally ready to go to bed after being up for 24 hours and although I'm so tired that my eyebrows ache I cant seem to fall asleep. Perhaps I an go count some tiles some where or work on long division or maybe even figure an appropriate bail out that everyone can agree on. So much to do!