Friday, October 03, 2008

Can I Call You Joe?

I watched the Vice Presidential debate last night because well, there was nothing else on. I think I now know how it feels for my parents when they come to one of my shows after watching Sarah Palin, because I was nervous for her. Not real, real nervous like butterflies, or the nerves you would experience if you had to catch a baby over hot lava while walking on a tight rope, blind folded, but nervous.
But I think she did really well and I especially liked all her, 'by gosh', 'gee's' and 'say it aint so Joe's'.
I think she won for the following reasons:

1. Joe needed a haircut. If you don't care enough to look good for your debate well, maybe you don't care enough to be my Vice President. Sarah looked great and even covered up her Tina Fey scar on her chin.
2. Yelling. The liberal hippies next door to me who had their TV turned all the way up would yell every time Palin spoke (because that always helps, dumb hippies). If she can invoke that much passion and hate in others just watching her on TV, clearly she got her point across more than long haired Joe.
3. She's on my team

As you can see I know a lot about Politics. I would like to take this moment to thank my professors at the University of San Diego for passing me in all my political science classes and not laughing out loud when I graduated with a minor in International Relations. Money well spent mom and dad!