Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blessed

I think most days I take for granted all the blessings I have in my life. Not even counting my smoking hot Olympic/super model temple of God body...I mean right there I could say, enough all ready, stop blessing me. But really my life is one of great ease and privilege.

Just today I woke up with a roof to keep the quarter inch of torrential rainfall from getting me wet. I meandered out into the kitchen and feasted not on just plain old Raisin Bran but on Raisin Bran EXTRA! It's just like that cereal 'Colon Blow' but with a classier name.

I drove to the beach and watched people exercise. I thought about getting out and walking but then I sat down till the thought passed. It was the longest 2 minutes of my life.

While driving home I saw a lady at a bus stop get sick, it was truly disturbing, to think, people have to take the bus! As I drove by her in my 12 year old gas guzzling car I was reminded how lucky I am. I haven't been sick at a bus stop in a long time.

Back home I folded my laundry which smelled like Glasgow. OK, that sounds weird but the new laundry detergent smells just like the stuff my friend uses in Glasgow and they say smell and memory are closely linked. Heck they say more than that. "Researchers have found that cognition significantly influences the perception of smell." This explains why I cried as I folded my laundry and wanted to fight people who cheered for the wrong football team...Scotland trips are usually hard on me.

After that it was off to Walgreens just for retail therapy. I didn't buy anything but I like to keep my options open. I wander the aisles looking for deals for next years Christmas presents or wedding gifts, you never know when a really good deal will jump out at you or a grandma might need help reaching a top shelf item. I always like helping those shorter than me, mostly because there aren't many out there.

Today was Physical Therapy day for my back. This is where I go to pay a copay to get touched by a large man and then hooked up to ice and electric stimuli, it's fun try it.

Dinner with my peeps and then Holy hour. After which I was asked to be in my friend Heather Sally's wedding...I'm so excited to finally be a bridesmaid (I'm usually always the bride).

Then to my dog's house for Thursday night TV and editing of a video which if I ever finish will earn me a trip to Medjugorje. Long story but just trust me, once I'm there the blogs will be great.

So you see my life is pretty good. I travel to places, tell jokes I talk about Jesus, weird things happen to me on said trips which only supply more material for later trips and the cycle continues. I am two out of three what Stephen Leacock was talking about when he said,
"God takes care of fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
I stopped drinking last year.