Thursday, February 24, 2005

Beef, It's Whats Not For Dinner

Fridays in Lent are always fun. No meat. I love talking to people and reminding them it's friday just as they have ordered their double double from In and Out. It's one thing to eat a hamburger on Friday when you forget and feel bad about it later but once you know (or better yet someone reminds you) you can't eat that burger. It's like the cartoon character who doesn't fall to his death because he has no concept of gravity and then someone hands him a book on gravity and after reading it he falls to his cartoon death. I'm that friend. I got my meat craving out of the way Thursday night so I would not be so meat crazy on Friday. I ate 2 tacos from a place for only 99 cents! Can you believe it! What a deal. As I was eating it all I could think was I don't know if I'm loving this so much because it tastes good or because I only had to spend 99 cents. I think it was the 99 cent thing. So if your reading this and you already ate a hamburger, I'll get you this time but if you are reading this and you have not ordered yet your welcome. Now it's your turn to remind your best Catholic friend that it's Friday...share the love!