Monday, May 16, 2005

Non-Flying Birds

I buried two baby birds today. They were from the same nest right outside my front door and I guess they failed their first attempt at flight.
Birds are hard core creatures.
Lets build our nest really high AND over a cactus.
It’s like sink or swim, except different.
So birds sit on their eggs and out comes that beak and that can’t be comfortable for whoever’s turn it is to sit on the egg that day.
Then they have the baby birds and their squawking, feed me feed me feed me! So the mommy and daddy birds go get food and eat it and then they baggghhhh in the baby’s mouth.
Aren’t you glad cats don’t feed kittens that way?
Then when they are sick of feeding them they push them out of the nest and hope they picked up on the flying somewhere along the way; perhaps from a friend at school or maybe PBS.
We humans have it easy! First and foremost our cribs are on the ground and not over cactus.

Don’t even get me started on those poor baby giraffes!