Thursday, June 23, 2005

Donde Esta El Gato?

I am taking care of a friends 2 dogs, hermit crabs and cat...Where is that cat?

My family has had a few cats over the years but they have never lasted long. The reason is mostly because of my dad's alleged allergy to cat's ergo the kitties have to live outside. That's the major factor og our cat's short life span: LIVING OUTSIDE. We have lot's of coyotes in my neck of the woods and there is nothing coyotes love more than nibbling on kitties. I remember Oreo, aptly named because he had a delicious cookie shell and a creamy fluffy filling. No he was a black and white cat and I got to name him and I was four. Oreo lasted about 6 months until a pack of coyotes discovered how good those O-R-E-O's are.
After a few more cats we gave up. We are dog people and we are happy with that. I can name all the dogs I have ever had:

**Kraut (my dad's Weimaraner who could do no wrong, all around wonder dog)

**Fluffer (my little white dog who I would take down the slide with me and walk in a stroller, at the time I thought she loved it, now I can see why she committed suicide)

**Snickers (chocolate lab who use to snap at my 80 year old grandma)

**Early (my first golden retriever who I taught to surf on a body board)

***JJ (My roommate and I went halfsies on this chiwawa during college. I got the front half.)

*Mac (replacement for Early when he was hit by a car, only Golden I know who bites small children. He is also a swimmer)

*Chewie (yellow lab that was adopted from my sister and has had thousands of dollars worth of training but still chews everything in sight.)

*Still living with us
**In heaven with Jesus and all the Saints and Angels

***Still alive but not living with me

I have nothing againts cats, I just feel safer with 2 dogs guarding me in this house rather than 2 cats. What is a cat going to do if an axe weilding midget clown comes in the house? Hack up a fur ball?

All this talk has made me hungry for some oreo cookies but before I partake I need to find the cat and get him INSIDE!