Friday, June 24, 2005

Not Over The Hill

Tonight to my delight when I turned on the TV I thought I saw my grandma, turns out it was just Benny Hill dressed like a woman. Please don't think I am a horrible person until you have seen a picture of my grandma.

Benny Hill was a show that I use to watch late at night with my dad, it was almost as good as when I could stay up and watch Carson. Of course at the time I got none of the jokes on Benny Hill (not to be confused with Benny Hinn who is funny in his own right)but knew it was funny even then. Now when I watch TV I just get sad.

After Benny Hill I started flipping and had to turn off the TV when I stumbled upon, "Celebrity Charades". It's bad enough when you have to play with your family, why on earth would I want to watch "celebrities" play it. That's like watching a channel with other people's vacation slides, "oh and this was me and Uncle Bob at the lakes, right before he got sick and the doctor had to take his leg."

No thank you.

I want the variety show back. Not Nick and Jessica's variety show, no ABC, you got it wrong. Even the Muppet shows of the 70's had more entertainment value than anything on TV today. When it comes down to it, people like costume changes. Lot's of feathers and boas. Did you hear me network TV? Bring back the network variety show bad sketches and all!