Monday, June 27, 2005

Home Again

I am back in my own house tonight and I never noticed how crowded it is in here. I am a person who likes my space. I can spend long periods of time being alone and be fine. But I like having the option of someone being around just in case I start choking on an olive pit. I like the safety net. For those who really don't like other people I can see how owning pets is the ideal. Not that a Golden Retriever could perform the heimlich maneuver, in a pinch maybe dial 911, but you are still out of luck if you choke on the pit.
I spent the day editing a video that we have been working on since January. If I get it done soon it would mean a paycheck and I could buy my mom a really cool birthday present and not another framed picture of her with some famous dead person that I made on the computer. This week I am starting another film with my nephews for an upcoming conference. They are excited about the project but a bit weary of bunji jumping with the homemade equipment. I told them to buck up because they are 5 and 9 now and not little kids anymore.
So much to do this week before I go to Notre Dame.
Will I get it all done?
Probably not, but I've learned to deal with my imperfections already I figure everybody else should as well.