Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Truth Shall Set You Free!

SEOUL (Reuters) -South Korea's baseball players have been banned from putting frozen cabbage leaves under their caps to beat the summer heat.
The Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) took action after Doosan Bears pitcher Park Myung-hwan's cap fell off during a game last weekend, revealing his secret cooling agent.
"Park has been using frozen cabbage to cool down since last summer, but we didn't know until now," KBO chief of referees Heo Koo-youn told Reuters Wednesday. Park, who twice dropped leaves on the mound during last Sunday's game with the Hanhwa Eagles, said he was disappointed with the ruling but would not appeal. "I'm sensitive to the heat and my wife recommended I put frozen cabbage leaves under my cap to cool my head," he said. "I will respect the KBO's decision. Even without the cabbage, my pitching won't be affected."


I'm so glad this problem is finally out in the open. For the longest time I thought it was just me. It started innocently enough. I would freeze a leaf of cabbage or a slice of pepper and keep it on person on hot days. But then the weather cooled and I kept the vegetables. It seemed I couldn't get out of the house with out putting something from the crisper under my hat. When I wasn't able to wear a hat I started putting radishes in my shoes. I kept a garden out in the back and I would sneak out late at night and put carrot in my ears, what a rush!
All these years I had stayed away from drugs and alcohol and what got me in the end was the one thing my mom was making me try!

I'm just glad that this is out in the open, I feel much better.