Monday, November 22, 2004

One more show and then I'm off

After Monday night football is over why not head over to Carlsbad to a bar for some comedy? OK maybe not but that's where I will be tonight. Squid Joe's in Carlsbad moved Comedy night after Monday Night Football so we could pack the house and all the drunks could maybe sober up before they get on the freeway. We just don't make people laugh, we are saving lives! Tomorrow I am house sitting for my Uncle in Laguna Beach. Hopefully I will see some of those kids from the fake reality show and I can minister to them. They are sad clowns. Granted from the outside I would appear to be a sad clown too, but at least they don't show it on MTV.
My mom and I bought the family Christmas tree today. I know Christmas is still a month away but it is in a pot and will be hanging out in the front yard for a couple more weeks. It's a living tree and we are going to plant it after Christmas. We bought it now because by the time normal people buy their Christmas trees all the living ones would be sold out. It's not like this is Oregon and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a damn Christmas tree. I like that expression and although I have never swung a dead cat or do I condone such actions, it'a a great visual. I would take offense if you seaid swing a dead dog, or swing an elks club member, but a dead cat..ok.