Monday, November 15, 2004

ouch

My sister and I are having a "lose all our fat" contest. We are seeing who can shed the most pounds before our other sister gets here for Christmas. Needless to say I have been to at the YMCA for the past two days working the treadmill. Now I have never been much of what society would label a "runner". I just don't run; it's not my bag. But desperate times call for desperate measures. If walking is good for you running must be great for you right? That's the same theory that gets people in trouble when they start drinking shots of tequila. In theory yes, but as we know theory has nothing to do with the real world. I was a little sore today after yesterday's two-mile run, so what do normal people do to combat soreness? That's right get back on the treadmill sister! Two and half miles later and I am walking like a got off my horse. This being slender thing sucks.
And excuse me Bridget Jones actress lady who is being praised for packing on so much weight to weigh as much as I do now. Way to go, wow, eating to prepare for a role...Brilliant!