Wednesday, June 06, 2007

DVR Emergency

I was told by an older gentleman who lives in my house that the memory on our DVR was at 66% and that he couldn't record any shows cause of all the "crap" I had saved. But I have it on good authority that said man has no idea how to record anything without the help of his youngest and most attractive daughter. He uses this similar tactic with the elderly woman that lives in my house when it comes to email messages, "you got 4 messages Gin! Come get your emails off my computer!" Like the computer and now the cable box will explode if they are not kept empty of the things they were invented to store in the first place.
I have come to a very serious problem. After diligently watching and erasing episodes of the Simpson's, The Office, Little People Big Oregon, Magnum P.I., MASH, House, Frasier, Reno 911 and Lost I have nothing! And there is nothing on TV! Sure over half the shows I mentioned have been in syndication for over 10, some 2o years but it's just the principle of the thing. An empty DVR menu is the closest thing I have to empty nest syndrome. Luckily by morning I'll have 56 shows waiting for me, it's just knowing that right now that menu is empty which makes me sad. Sad and kind of nauseated.