Friday, December 30, 2005

Would the prequel to Doctor Zhivago be Mr. Zhivago?


What with Christmas and all I never got to tell my story of my terrible snowboarding injury.
First day of snowboarding: no problem, wheeee! Look at me flying down the hill, good thing I have a helmet.

Second day of snowboarding: after the first lift and going down a black diamond run with the dingle berries in the picture, sharp stabbing pain in my shin bone. Holy ouch. It only hurts when there is pressure on my shin which was all the time since the snowboard boots are a necessary part of the whole package when going down a hill while strapped to a piece of fiberglass.

Third day of snowboarding: I go on 2 runs and lay down in the snow and say naughty words cause by leg hurts so much. The ski patrol wanted me to get an x-ray but it was the day we were leaving and even if in the x-ray they found a hamster or discovered my spleen had slipped down into my shin, what was the ski patrol gonna do about it? So I went in the lodge and sipped cocoa and sat down by the fire until it was time to leave.

Back in the land of Surf and sand I went to see an orthopedic surgeon. After an x-ray and a quick look see this doctor said he thought I had..."boot bang".

What I had was bruising on the bony front of my shin, a nerve can get squished while in the boot and it takes a while of being out of the boot for the nerve not to hurt like a monkey on fire. But this doctor instead of saying that said, "Boot bang". This man went to medical school.
That involves learning lots of big words. I guess I shouldn't go to an orthopedic surgeon that works out of the back of his van.