Thursday, January 19, 2006

Blow Your Mind - Smoke Dynamite

I went to noon mass at the Mission San Luis Rey today, the problem is they got rid of the noon mass. So, with some time to kill I took a stroll around the "condos" looking for my friend Joanie Maloney. The "condos"proper name is Columbarium Niches, they are like a cemetery plot but for ashes. My mom wants a condo when she dies, my dad says a Folgers coffee can will do just fine, it won't make any difference to him.

I walked around the cemetery for almost an hour and I just couldn't find Joanie. I did see three people's condos that I do know and two more already to go when they are ready to "move in". After reading all the names and epitaphs on the "condo's" I wondered what I would like on mine.

"I told you I was sick!"

"She always said her feet were killing her but nobody believed her."

"Looked up the elevator shaft to see if the car was on the way down. It was."

If I die with enough money I want a fancy one that will play a recording of my voice when you look at it. "BOO!" or "Hey look behind you!"

After spending an hour walking around a cemetery I came to the realization that problems that seemed really big when I walked in didn't really matter that much to me when I walked out.