Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm Sicker Than You

It's an out right phlegm war here at my house. I have some chest cold that won't go away and my dad always coughs because he smokes his pipe all day long. Even the yellow lab had five sneezes in a row and a coughing fit today. Everyone wants in on what I have. It's no fun being sick when you don't have a job to call in sick too. When I was among the daytime job dwellers that was the best part about being sick. You got to stay home and watch TV, eat food, drink 7up and look at the clock and know all the fun you were missing at work. But now being sick just means doing what I do every day but coughing so loud I can't hear Golden Girls.
The worst part about being a sick comic is the fact that my voice is scary sounding with my lovely cold. My voice is my instrument. You heard me people, my voice is like a tuba. A finely tuned tuba, with a leaky spit valve. Do tuba's have spit valves? Anyway, for now I can work in my voice to my act because above else I am a professional. A professional tuba player.