Monday, January 10, 2005

Thank You in Advance

Our television in the living room is almost 20 years old. The rule in the McDonald house is: You don't buy a new one until the old one is broken. Maybe broken is the wrong word. The right word would be dead. You don't buy a new one until the old one is dead. Quid pro quo we have a 20-year-old television in our living room that is desperately trying to die. Imagine my embarrassment when people were over on Saturday to watch the Charger's game and no one could read the score because the graphics on the screen are so squiggly. Sometimes we will be watching Trading Spaces or a similar show and the designer is discussing the red paint color we have to shake our heads because on our TV it appears that the color is blue.
In Costco today I saw a beautiful 42-inch HD plasma TV. When I looked at it my eyes burned. The grass was green, the sky was blue and all was right in the world. This is how God intended television to be viewed. I think God wants you, who is reading this right now to buy me that TV. Thank You in advance.