Wednesday, January 26, 2005

One Hit Wonder

Last night my dorky friends and I were standing outside the Hollywood Improv watching Megan Mullally eat her salad inside the restaurant. I very badly wanted to go up and give her a chest high five like her and Jack do on the show but thought better of it (ok I was forcibly held back). All of a sudden this huge Mercedes pulls up really close to the curb and stops abruptly in front of the club. After we get out of the way the car pulls into the Second City parking lot and who gets out but Lauren Michaels. Being the fast thinker I am I said, "Hi Lauren!" and waved. He did a Dr Evil kind of a look and smiled and waved back. Now, looking back what I should have done was to dive in front of his car and become seriously injured, or so it would seem. When he would come to help me I would jump up and yell, "I was acting!" He would have been so impressed with my acting skills and relieved that I was not going to sue him he would have flown me to New York to join the cast of SNL. I guess that would have been kind of awkward though and I'm glad I just waived; I'm way too busy this week to go to New York anyway.