Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Moving on out

Moving is not a fun thing. I am moving this week from my studio apartment in downtown La Jolla up to Vista. Don't be jealous. I am sad to be leaving La Jolla, but when I really think about it I'm glad that I'm getting out of my little hamster cage studio. Last night I actually walked into a completely different room here in Vista! I like having the option of going into more than one room, it's blowing my mind. Of course the downside to this is not being able to watch the TV from my bathroom, but in the long run maybe that's a good thing. I made two trips yesterday from Vista to La Jolla and I am embarrassed by all the stuff I have accumulated over the 3 years of living there. It's all stuff I use but still, it's just a lot of stuff. So I have been throwing a lot of said stuff away. Half used candles, bathroom products, bills and things I've borrowed from people. I'm just kidding, I would never thow away a bill. I rented a 6X10 storage space in Vista to keep my bed and everything else that won't fit in my room. It's a typical Vista storage unit, meaning instead of using it for actual storage, many people hang out there and cook meth. But hey, it's really cheap, so I'm not complaining. It's also in a really safe neighborhood because I see at least three cop cars patrolling all the time. Hey, as long as I don't have to live there it's alright with me.
**************
YET ANOTHER REASON I SAY NO TO EVERY MALAYSIAN MAN WHO ASKS FOR MY HAND IN MARRIAGE!!!

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - A Malaysian man shot and killed his wife after he mistook her for a monkey picking fruit in a tree behind their house, the New Straits Times said on Wednesday.

The man, 70, is being held by police for causing death through recklessness after he fired a shotgun at what he thought was a monkey in a mangosteen tree on Monday, the newspaper said.

His wife, 68, had used a ladder to climb into the tree and was picking the tropical fruit when she was shot. She was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital, the paper said. The couple lived in central Malaysia and had raised 13 children.