Monday, September 06, 2004

Sandra Bullock

My trip to Minnesota started with a huge dose of self-esteem. A giant hypodermic needle of it right to the upper thigh. The waiter on the plane, or whatever they preferred to be called now, kept starring at me. He said,"I know I've seen you before." He came back again to collect my $10 for my box lunch of a gas station sandwich. "Who do people say you like like? Is there someone who people mistake you for?" I was about to tell him people always get me and my mom mixed up on the phone when he shouted, "Sandra Bullock! You look like Sandra Bullock!" I quickly gave him a high five and told him he was my new best friend. The man seated next to me turned to see if the waiter knew what he was talking about. I let them know that this wasn't the first time Sandy and me had been mixed up. It has happened twice before and both times my self-esteem was off the charts. When the waiter would pass by he would wink and say, "hi Sandy, don't tell my wife I've been talking to you." Yes sir, your "wife". Be assured that your "wife" has nothing to worry about, if she even exists. So Lance or Keith (I forgot his name) put me in a great mood, I felt pretty. Who knew that would just scratch the surface of my high self esteem week.