Monday, December 13, 2004

Fleeting Fun

I am the best daughter in the world. As a good daughter I frequently call home when I am at the store to see if my mom or dad need anything. My dad is going into the hospital for some surgery on Monday and needed some Rx that would rid his body of, well, everything.
Fleet brand, you either know what it is or you don't, I'm not here to educate, go ahead google it and see what pops up.
Now I love my dad, but that's just a bit much to ask, it's embarrassing to buy that stuff! But of course I do it because I don't want to break any non-fun commandments. My mom said over the phone, "if anyone looks at you funny just say your buying it for your dad." That's such a good mom answer.
They should make one row in the supermarket with nothing but the embarrassing items. I won't list them here because we all know what they are. It would be an aisle where it was understood you would not make unnecessary eye contact or cast judgment on anyone because your all down that aisle for a reason.

This would happen in my perfect world. That's the world where exercise makes you fat .

The world where every time the dumb girls in Survivor roll their eyes they get an electric shock.

The world where My rich Irish Catholic doctor husband loves to cook.