Tuesday, December 14, 2004

They should hire Steven King to do their PR

My dad's surgery went fine today but was a bit off schedule so that meant an all day wait at the hospital. It's great to get actual good news for once in the McDonald family instead of the dreaded cancer word we are so use to. But I guess it's our month to shine! In most families when you are having a good month people are getting raises at work or buying new houses. In our family when no one has a life threatening disease or is not having their head fall off we are happy.
We were at the stylish Fallbrook hospital, which in its day was lovely but now is kind of scary. My dad goes there because his urologist friend is a surgeon there. Did I mention thus urologist owns a winery? Does that seem somehow very wrong to anyone else?
I say the hospital was scary because while in the waiting room one lady was mad because her husband was suppose to have a simple one hour procedure and it had been four hours since anyone had told her anything. And another lady was extremely upset because while she stepped out for coffee they wheeled her husband to surgery without telling her and she now had no idea where he was. So all and all my dad telling us the same story over and over again was very humorous to the other scary stories from the Hospital.

My dad is rather fun on a morphine drip, kind of like how you knew Bing Crosby was in real life. I should have asked dad to sing White Christmas for me. Instead I just had him sign some papers that say I get to pick the nursing home when it's time. Not really but I am the favorite daughter for now because I took care of the old man when he needed it.
Did I mention he got me Big Bertha Irons for Christmas? What a guy, I'm glad he's ok.