Monday, August 23, 2004

Beach and Breast Day Part III

We will chronicle the last 24 hours because I am in charge and I can do what I want. I am the boss of this blog! My mom came down with me to La Jolla and we went to mass at Mary Star of the Sea. After mass Gin Gin and I hoofed it over to check what time I was on at the Comedy Store. On the way over I had to introduce my mom to Ted, my resident neighborhood watch friend. Ted is the nicest man in La Jolla and the fact that he is homeless make that statement even more special.

After finding out I wasn't on until 10:05 p.m. (and seeing scary poetry Mary) we decided to go out to dinner with some family and friends. Then we walked around downtown La Jolla and ate ice cream and made fun of rich people until it was time to go be funny at the comedy store. Right when we got in and sat down I made friends with the table next to us. I convinced my new best friends Bet and Jimmy and their unidentified friends to stay until I went on. With their help the audience was 12 strong. I had a good set with lots of Catholic stuff and jokes about my mom hearing naughty things that mommies should never hear (or at least you should never hear with your mommy in the same room because you can die from the embarrassment that ensues). After that my mom and I had a sleep over and watched Family Guy DVD’s.

(DON"T READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT A BREAST BIOPSY AND THE END OF OPEN WATER)
Monday morning I was treated to IHOP! You know it's going to be a good day when you start it with pancakes. Then it was off to the Radiologist to take pictures and to biopsy my Scott Peterson lump. The first thing that happens in a core needle biopsy is the ultrasound. It's just like the ultrasound they do to see your baby when you are pregnant, but on your boob. The same... but different. So of course my technician lady can't find my Scott Peterson lump. At first I thought it was my mom's first official miracle but then the Doctor came in and she found it, sorry mom maybe next time. After she found it she marks it and numbs me up with a shot. She starts poking around and I said, "Please Doctor may I have some more?" And She said, "more? Never before has a boy wanted more!" Oh wait, that was from the musical Oliver. She did give me another shot though so I was nice and numb. The she put a hollow needle in and finds Scott Peterson with the help of the ultrasound. When she sees it on the ultrasound she put's another needle through the hollow needle and you hear this loud, BANG. That means she got a sample. She does this 6 times, each time with the big BANG, okay, it' more like a really loud CLICK but BANG looks more dramatic and believe me this was very dramatic. Now because I was numb it didn't hurt but it was like when the dentist is drilling on a tooth that is numb, you don't exactly feel what is going on, but you know it can't be good because you smell smoke. I didn't smell smoke but I definitely felt some pressure. Have you ever been to the dentist and afterwards you can't feel your cheek so you bite it and then later you regret biting your then numb cheek? I have too, but that didn't really happen today. So she patched me up and said I should hear results in 3 to 5 days. Once again, no lollypop for me. I always get the shaft. My mom drove me home and then she was off to meet my dad at a golf tournament.

Not being able to stay down during the day for more than 6 minutes without being medicated I drove to the beach. We had secured our fire ring for the night and the waves looked dismal so I drove home. John came not long after that and we went to see the surfing movie, "Riding Giants” It is a movie about crazy people who surf 60-foot waves, on purpose. It was a good movie and it fulfilled my surfing for the day. After that we went back to Mark and John's and gave John a haircut. John is going to South East Asia for "fun" and he needed a summer cut so no bus or small woodland creatures would burrow in his hair. We then made it down finally to beach day. Hence Breast and Beach day part 3. Beach day is not so fun when your boob is no longer numb and you never noticed before how many people tap you on your side that a crazed lady with a giant needle attacked you earlier that day. We finished the bonfire and having nothing better to do at 10:30p.m. on a Monday night we went to the movie with Kurt to see "Open Water". It was really good until the end when everyone gets eaten by sharks.

So now we wait 3 to 5 days. I know that every thing will come back fine, but knowing my luck the test results will get lost and it will take 6 weeks to find that out. This was the last beach day of the summer and my career at the Gathering. So I guess next Monday will just have to be Breast day.