Monday, August 09, 2004

One Down

Just got back from the comedy store via picking up my friend from the airport. The Comedy Store was good, better than chewing on tin foil....oh God that's horrible! One set down for the week, next up is Thursday night best of San Diego. Dat Phan was there tonight, he's gotten much better and is such a cool guy.
I was recognized at the airport and no not as the lady in the bathroom who was singing the theme from Golden Girls either. She recognized me from SSD and that was cool and I felt like the Beatles, or Bing Crosby, or more like Charlie from Empty Nest when he is still recognized. I was reading my entertainment weekly article about Chevy Chase who is 60 in a few days! Who knew Chevy was so old. He's been out of the spotlight for a while so when I saw a photo of him I was caught off guard. That happens from time to time. You picture Chevy in his Fletch days or Cadyshack, so when you see his 60 year old mug, you gotta say, "Chevy, wha happen?" So I got a warm fuzzy because somebody knew who I was and thought I was cool, it felt like Christmas morning...except different.