Thursday, August 12, 2004

Sunday at the Comedy Store

10:23pm, 12 people at the comedy store, 9 of them actually paying customers. God I love this job. Ray Combs Jr. went up before me and killed and was really good and I almost didn't want to go up. Then I remembered I didn't have a job and this was my dream so I went up. It was so cool, I honestly didn't think anyone would look up much less laugh. I can't explain to you what happens when you do stand up and it works. I guess it would be like being a postal worker and delivering all the mail and not getting bite by a dog. No maybe not. Or maybe it's like when you get up and tell jokes to strangers in a dark room and they actually laugh...wait come to think of it, it's just like that.
When I got home I looked up some comedy festivals and found out where I need to send tapes. Hopefully I will get the footage from Steubenville San Diego soon so I can make my comedy reel. I need to get rich soon so I never have to get a real job ever again. I think I'm allergic to labor. Not having babies, but mind numbing work, it make me itch.