Monday, August 09, 2004

Breast and Beach Day

Today was fun. I had a breast MRI and then was at the beach till 9:30 at night. The MRI was weird because well, duh. I had to have one because it's just something I like to do for fun.
No not really.
Because my mom and sister have had breast cancer and I had a lumpectomy in January I am a high risk monkey. An MRI is a good way to make sure everything is ok. I didn't know they would stick me with an I.V. when I got in there, that made me angry, but I couldn't yell at the lady with the needle. You don't want to make the lady with the needle angry. They kept paging her and telling her she had a phone-call and she was yelling, "I am with a patient!" I wish they had not agitated her so much, we need her relaxed and focused and not worried about her phone call, take a damn message! We need the lady with the giant needle to be cool.
In a MRI you have to lay down and be VERY STILL. So of course right away I got an itch on my nose and the ear phone's they put on my head slipped and were uncomfortable. The poopiest part was then even though I was a good girl, no one even offered me a lollypop! What a crock! That was the easy part, the hard part is waiting for the results. I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha. I actually laugh in the face of dancers, not danger. I suppose the eternal optimist in me says, "If I do have a terrible disease at least people will not ask me when I am going to get a job!" So pray that I do not go crazy waiting for the test results in the next few days, but I know they will come back fine because I can't get out of a finding a job that easy.

The second part of my monday was spent at the shores. After 4 hours of circling the parking lot I found a sweet front row parking space. It's the little things; the small victories in life that truly make me happy. I surfed with Jake, Peter and Austin and that was fun. I will miss going to the beach and getting paid for it; all the youth ministry stuff too, I'm gonna miss that too. I went with Kurt to borrow wood pallets for the bonfire and then we roasted weenies and hamburgers. The beach is fun but I will be so happy when the tourist go back from where they came from. I'm very glad I was born in California where we have an ocean and waves and a governor who can bench press a school bus. Amen