Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I could have danced all night

Well we were not ditched there was just a communication glitch tonight so I went down to the La Jolla Comedy Store for my set. I got there at 8 pm to a sold out crowd, cool! Looked at the lineup, I was last, not so cool! I stayed though and was going to be a trooper, because this is what I want to be when I grow up, but it just got worse and worse. Around 10:30 the crowd thinned out to around 20. With 4 comics to go before me there was a group of 6 on one side and a group of 3 on the other. I don't know what happened but the group of 6 flipped over their table and glasses went flying and broke. This was comedy! I thought long and hard and came to the realization that I would go home. With 2 comics left before me and 5 people in the audience (not counting fellow comics) I threw in the towel. I told the manager my parents hugged me enough when I was little and didn't need anymore-unnecessary attention. Now I am home and wondering why I left. I guess I should have stayed and told jokes to 5 angry people. Would it have helped me be a better comedian? Would the people have laughed? I don't think my Pro Catholic set would have gone over very well. Would Jesus have gone on? Probably. Judy didn't, but she'll be back Thursday night.