Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Bunko with the Girls

I am in Vista today because this evening I will be playing Bunko. Yes, BUNKO! What? You don't know what bunko is? Well let me tell you about it. I'm pretty sure it's a pyramid scam or some kind of illegal money laundering gang. All I know is that I have been playing for 4 months at 10 bucks a pop and I haven't won jack squat. It's certainly not a game of great skill. First of all I think it's illegal for me to play because everybody else is in their 50's. You roll three dice and try to get 3 of a kind, which is called a Bunko. If you and your partner have the most points when the bell rings you move on to another table. At the end of the night the person with the most Bunko's win's the pot. Hmmm seems simple enough, kind of like dumb luck.
So why does the same damn lady win every month? A few theories:

1. The dice are loaded, I don't know what this means but I've heard of loaded dice in the mob movies and it's nothing but trouble.

2. The woman who keeps winning bunko has some sort of pact with the devil in which she sold her soul to win the most Bunko's every time.

3. The Bunko winner lady intimidates the other ladies into letting her mark down that she got a bunko when in fact she did not and needs the money for her crack habit and the other ladies are her enablers and are just waiting for the right moment to have a intervention.

I'm pretty sure it's number 3.
I gotta go I'm gonna be late for Bunko................


...........Nevermind...I won.