Friday, August 20, 2004

"It's Not the Serious Store"

That was a quote my friend Julia, she's another comedian at the Comedy Store. She said this last night after two separate tense moments last night at the Comedy Store. One was about some crazy man yelling at another comedian, Cynthia, because he didn't like Jewish people. Cynthia could have kicked his scrawny butt, but she was held back by Matt Bragg and the dumb man was allowed to live another day. Then a drunk man tried to grab the mic away from Ray Combs Jr. Luckily 8 other comedians and bouncers came to his aid and everything turned out to be all lolly pops and sunshine. They even shook hands after, doesn't that just warm your heart? I think that's why I was a little on edge when I went up on stage. I was ready to do a judo chop if anyone came near me, thank God I have been taking kick boxing at the YMCA. I can kick you in an aerobic fashion and keep my heart rate at a healthy level.
So the lesson of the day is: If you go to the Comedy Store don't talk back to the people with the microphone. Also another lesson is don't eat the gum under the tables, it gives you a really bad tummy ache.