Friday, October 29, 2004

Burbank or bust

A few weeks ago while waiting in line in the rain for the Laugh Factory open mic a crew from the Dennis Miller show interviewed us. We all did our shtick and tried our best to act like we didn't think it was the coolest thing in the world to be interviewed. As they were leaving one of the producers said out of the 18 of us, one would be getting the chance to perform a one minute set on the Dennis Miller show.
Well all of my mom's rosaries finally paid off because today I got a call to come to NBC studio's next week and do a set on the show...Holy cow! Are you kidding me?

This is almost as cool as whenI...no this is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to not explode until Friday.

I already have an idea of what material I want to do, it's so weird just to do one minute of material. I am so use to a half hour show or even just ten minutes, one minute is going to be a challenge but one I am willing to tackle. It's going to be so cool to be in front of a "live studio audience", the dead one's really creep me out. Hopefully the guys I drove up and waited in the rain with at the Laugh Factory can come to the taping. They are great guys and funny comedians who will help me represent the "San Diego Comedy Van".

What to wear...what to wear? I am not going to wear a tube top though. My mom said no.