Monday, October 04, 2004

walk, walk, walk, walk and walk

My buddy Andy leaves in 5 hours to start his journey to Iraq. He is quite a Marine warrior and I'm very proud of him. We went surfing together today and that will have to hold him for four months. I hear there are no really good waves in Iraq this time of year so he will just have to fly his helicopter for fun.

I promised you tales from the walk, ok here it goes... we walked and walked and walked and ate and drank, peed and slept. It really doesn't get any more exciting than that.
I am very proud of my mom who walked along with me, my sister and 2,500 other people. For a 65 year old lady she kicks ass! Not literaly, as far as I know she has never kicked anyone's ass, but she certainly could. The first day was tough because we walked up two REALLY BIG HILLS. The second hill wasn't just big, it was long! It kept going and going and made us question why the heck we were walking. We walked twenty One miles the first day so by saturday morning lots of people looked liked they had just gotten off a horse. My feet exploded with blisters some time around saturday, but they really didn't bother me. The thing that bothered me that was my friend Jenny had no blisters! You cannot truly experience the 3 day breast cancer walk without walking with at least some discomfort. My mom also had huge blisters and was a sad clown but had a great attitude the whole time and refused to get swept by falling behind. My sister Amy and I also rekindleed our hate for people on the walk. I know that sounds horrible, but people really bug us sometimes. We especially hate the following people: People who sing cute songs that ryhme when they walk. People who are very happy at 5:15am. People who walk very fast up a big hill and pass you as you are dying. These people are the people who have a special place reserved in hell for them, right next to hitler and Martha Stewart.

Don't forget to go to come to Hennessey's Tavern tonight at 9pm for some comedy and a pint!
(760) 729-6951
2777 Roosevelt St
Carlsbad, CA 92008