Friday, October 08, 2004

You done lady?

I'm getting new headshots on Tuesday because my almost ten-year-old ones do not reflect the new Sandra Bullock in me. The old headshots are not even real headshot but from a photo shoot that I was in for an article in USD magazine. The photographer sent us an original 8x10 and we've been copying them ever since. Before that we paid some lady too much money when I was a freshman at USD to get a photo package. That was just sad. I was a bigger girl then, it looked like I had eaten Sandra Bullock. I now have about 489 of those sad photos around; I use to give them out as funny wrapping paper but it proved to embarrassing.

Since I am taking these new photos I have decided to try to slim down. So yesterday I was very good and drank a lot of water and ate fruit and good balanced meals. Today I was also very good even though we went out to an Italian (pronounced eye-talian) restaurant for lunch. I then worked on my show for tomorrow night and then when surfing. By the time I got to my sisters house I was sick of being good. So we piled the boys in the car and we drove to a Chinese buffet. Nothing says slimming down like a good portion of deep fried shrimp.

After we were eating for a while "Eric" our server boy came to clear our plates. He said, "YOU DONE LADY?" and took my sisters plate. Then he turned to my nephew and said, "BOY IS DONE!" and took Mikey's plate. Now that's what I call service. "Eric" scared me because he was a very forceful server boy. He sure did curb my appetite. So the plan for now is to drink more water and eat less buffets until Tuesday so I can be Sandra Bullock like in my photo.

I am watching the re broadcast of the second presidential debate and I must say John Kerry is funny. Not funny ha ha but funny like a dork. He insults Bush a lot and when you think Bush is going to insult him back he just stares and looks like he wants to hit him, it makes me laugh. I wish Kerry and Bush could just wrestle and get it over with. They both lie through their teeth but my boy wears a cowboy hat. The town hall format makes me angry too. If you get picked to ask a question on national television please do me the favor to rehearse your question and not read it from a damn index card. If you can't remember the damn question maybe you should not be in the town hall. It all makes me sick…or it could be the deep fried octopus.