Monday, October 11, 2004

Save Face!

Have you ever looked at your face? I mean really examined your face. I have. Not your face, my face.

My photo shoot for my headshot is tomorrow and I notice my face changes a lot. You can see this in photos. I'm not talking about subtle changes over the years. In my photos my face changes in the same roll. My mom got pictures from the boob walk and of the 10 photos of me 5 were Sandra Bullock-like, 4 were Kathy Bates-like and one I looked like Chet Atkins (I have no idea what happened there). My point being I am very nervous that my headshots will look like me on a good photo moment.

I have also noticed on close examination of my face that my eyelids are drooping at an alarming rate. I calculate that by my 30th birthday my gigantic eyelids will blind me. My mom reassured me that health insurance would pay for a brow lift if you were legally blind from your skin flaps...so I got that going for me.

Tonight was also my triumphant return to the YMCA. I take a BOSA boot camp were you basically jump up and down on a dome and follow the rhythmic gyrations of a lady who has zero percent body fat. We hate her. It was my first land locked exercise since the walk. I surfed the day after the walk but that doesn't count because I enjoy surfing. Exercise only counts went it's not enjoyable, that's how you know it's working. The YMCA was not enjoyable. I stayed in the back and half assed the whole thing. I wanted to leave very badly and just as I was about to the lady next to me picked up all her stuff and ran out. She beat me to it, damn her.